New Hampshire Nonprofit Grants
NH Nonprofit Emergency Relief Fund Awards Announced
The New Hampshire Nonprofit Emergency Relief Fund was established by Governor Chris Sununu through the Governor’s Office for Emergency Relief and Recovery (GOFERR). The State of New Hampshire will award grants from the allocated $60 million to help nonprofit organizations impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The New Hampshire Center for Nonprofits, the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation, and the New Hampshire Community Development Finance Authority, have partnered to administer this program.
The awards for Nonprofit applicants from the Nonprofit Emergency Relief Fund were calculated based on supported Actual Expenses due to COVID-19 from March 1 to the date of the application, plus Net Actual Losses of Revenue due to COVID-19 from March 1 to the date of the application, plus Projected Expenses due to COVID-19 from the date of the application to December 30, 2020, plus Net projected Losses of Revenue due to CVOVID-19 the date of the application to December 30, 2020, minus other COVID-19 assistance received such as PPP and other COVID grants which equals the Eligible Amount. (Past COVID Expenses + Past COVID Net Revenue loss + Projected COVID Expenses + Projected COVID Net Revenue loss – Other COVID payments = Eligible Amount). Adjustments were made if adequate support for the expenses or losses was not provided. Awards of 75 % of the Eligible Amount were approved, with a maximum cap of $1 million.
NH Nonprofit Emergency Relief Fund Awards List
At this time, GOFERR can only accept grant agreements electronically. Please submit your agreement with a State of New Hampshire Vendor Number to email@example.com.
Determinations of Eligible Amount or that the applicant was ineligible because there was no Eligible Amount are final. Appeal of determinations of ineligibility (See eligibility restrictions as set forth in the “frequently asked questions” PDF below) for reasons other than that there was no Eligible Amount may be submitted no later than 5:00 p.m. on August 31, 2020 to nonprofit@GOFERR.nh.gov. The Appeal will consist solely of a re-review of the application and supporting materials already submitted and any explanation of why the determination was incorrect based on the application materials submitted. No Appeal requests for consideration of new information or requests to change information submitted will be allowed.
- The organization must be a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit based in New Hampshire.
- The organization must demonstrate that it incurred or will incur necessary expenditures and/or losses due to the COVID-19 public health emergency between March 1 and December 30, 2020.
- Costs or losses cannot be covered by this program if they have been, or will be paid, by other federal emergency relief funds. Any eligible amounts will be reduced by Paycheck Protection Program loans received, if any
- The program will not make grants to nonprofit hospitals, colleges and universities, and other organizations that are or will be assisted through other funding opportunities. See for example the Healthcare System Relief Fund and New Hampshire Childcare Relief.
The New Hampshire Nonprofit Emergency Relief Fund is not a first come, first served program.
Timeline and steps for interested nonprofit organizations:
Friday, June 5, 2020
Starting on June 5, 2020, 501(c)(3) nonprofits are encouraged to complete an organizational profile through this online portal: https://nhcf.smartsimple.com/s_Login.jsp.
Thursday, June 11, 2020
Application period open.
View a PDF version of the online application information, including additional details about the grant program. A translator will be provided if requested.
View a PDF version of frequently asked questions about the NH Nonprofit Emergency Relief Fund
- View a PDF version of frequently asked questions Arabic
- View a PDF version of frequently asked questions French
- View a PDF version of frequently asked questions Nepali
- View a PDF version of frequently asked questions Portuguese
- View a PDF version of frequently asked questions Spanish
Monday, June 15, 2020
The NH Center for Nonprofits hosted a webinar to answer questions about the grant program.
Thursday, June 25, 2020
Application period closed at 4:00 pm.
Webinars and Q&A sessions:
The New Hampshire Center for Nonprofits will host an informational webinar and series of question-and-answer sessions.
NH Nonprofit Emergency Relief Fund Q&A sessions.
- June 17, 9:00 to 10:00 AM Recording
- June 18, 2020 4:00 to 5:00 PM
- June 23, 2020 9:00 to 10:00 AM
- June 23, 2020 4:00 to 5:00 PM
UPDATE: Webinars were held on June 11 and 15. Staff presented the same basic content in both presentations but answered questions at the end of each webinar. You can listen to them here:
May 15, 2020 program overview here: Overview of the New Hampshire Nonprofit Emergency Relief and Recovery Fund Program
Interested organizations are strongly encouraged to read the program overview that was posted on May 15. It is here: Overview of the New Hampshire Nonprofit Emergency Relief and Recovery Fund Program