New Hampshire Nonprofit Grants
NH Nonprofit Emergency Relief Fund application is now closed
The New Hampshire Nonprofit Emergency Relief Fund was established by Governor Chris Sununu through the Governor’s Office for Emergency Relief and Recovery (GOFERR). The State of New Hampshire will award grants from the allocated $60 million to help nonprofit organizations impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The New Hampshire Center for Nonprofits, the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation, and the New Hampshire Community Development Finance Authority, have partnered to administer this program.
- The organization must be a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit based in New Hampshire.
- The organization must demonstrate that it incurred or will incur necessary expenditures and/or losses due to the COVID-19 public health emergency between March 1 and December 30, 2020.
- Costs or losses cannot be covered by this program if they have been, or will be paid, by other federal emergency relief funds, including the Paycheck Protection Program.
- The program will not make grants to nonprofit hospitals, colleges and universities, and other organizations that are or will be assisted through other funding opportunities. See for example the Healthcare System Relief Fund and New Hampshire Childcare Relief.
The New Hampshire Nonprofit Emergency Relief Fund is not a first come, first served program. Additional program details are forthcoming. Questions will be answered starting June 11, 2020 at the webinars listed below.
If you have any additional Questions please email: [email protected]
The application for the NH Nonprofit Emergency Relief Fund grant program closed on Thursday, June 25 at 4:00 pm.
Grant awardees will be notified in late July by the Governor’s Office for Emergency Relief and Recovery (GOFERR). Funding agreements will be between the organization and the State of New Hampshire.
Questions about the program may be directed to [email protected]
Timeline and steps for interested nonprofit organizations:
Friday, June 5, 2020
Starting on June 5, 2020, 501(c)(3) nonprofits are encouraged to complete an organizational profile through this online portal: https://nhcf.smartsimple.com/s_Login.jsp.
Thursday, June 11, 2020
Application period opens.
Nonprofits may apply through this online portal: https://nhcf.smartsimple.com/s_Login.jsp
View a PDF version of the online application information, including additional details about the grant program. A translator will be provided if requested.
View a PDF version of frequently asked questions about the NH Nonprofit Emergency Relief Fund
- View a PDF version of frequently asked questions Arabic
- View a PDF version of frequently asked questions French
- View a PDF version of frequently asked questions Nepali
- View a PDF version of frequently asked questions Portuguese
- View a PDF version of frequently asked questions Spanish
Monday, June 15, 2020
The NH Center for Nonprofits will host a webinar to answer questions about the grant program. 4-5 pm.
Thursday, June 25, 2020
Application period closes at 4:00 pm.
Webinars and Q&A sessions:
The New Hampshire Center for Nonprofits will host an informational webinar and series of question-and-answer sessions throughout the application window:
NH Nonprofit Emergency Relief Fund Q&A sessions. Register here for any of the dates below:
- June 17, 9:00 to 10:00 AM Recording
- June 18, 2020 4:00 to 5:00 PM
- June 23, 2020 9:00 to 10:00 AM
- June 23, 2020 4:00 to 5:00 PM
UPDATE: Webinars were held on June 11 and 15. Staff presented the same basic content in both presentations but answered questions at the end of each webinar. You can listen to them here:
Following the Application Period
May 15, 2020 program overview here: Overview of the New Hampshire Nonprofit Emergency Relief and Recovery Fund Program
Interested organizations are strongly encouraged to read the program overview that was posted on May 15. It is here: Overview of the New Hampshire Nonprofit Emergency Relief and Recovery Fund Program